The first acrylic colors offered by GOLDEN, Heavy Body paints are known for their exceptionally smooth, buttery consistency. The Heavy Body palette includes the largest assortment of unique pure pigments in a 100% acrylic emulsion available to professional artists. These colors offer excellent permanency and lightfastness. There are no fillers, extenders, opacifiers, toners, or dyes added. Each Heavy Body color formula reflects the qualities of its pigment. Colors that tolerate a higher pigment load dry to a more opaque, matte finish. Colors that are more reactive and do not allow as much pigment loading tend to have a glossier, more transparent, finish. Because Heavy Body colors contain no matting agents, the gloss of each color will be different.
- NEW! Golden Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Set - Provide a balanced selection of colors, giving artists an excellent starting point when wanting to explore the working properties unique to each GOLDEN Artist Acrylics color line.
- Lightfastness - Of the 101 HB colors, 94 within the line are considered excellent in lightfastness (the ability to withstand color change due to exposure to light). The remaining 7 are rated very good for lightfastness. GOLDEN does not use any colors within the HB line rated less than very good.
- Heavy Body Acrylic Paint - Known for their exceptionally smooth, thick buttery consistency. They have the ability to "stand up" and retain brushstrokes or palette knife marks on the canvas.
- Mixable - Heavy Body colors can be mixed with all GOLDEN Mediums, Gels, and other paint lines including High Flow Acrylics, Fluid Acrylics, High Load Colors, Iridescent Colors, Paste Paints, and Matte Acrylics.
- 6 Colors - Six colors in 3/4 fl. oz. (22mL) Tubes (Benzimidazolone Yellow Medium, Naphthol Red Light, Ultramarine Blue, Permanent Green Light, Carbon Black, and Titanium White)